By: Mia L. Hazlett
Dear Lost One:
There is a reason you are no longer in my daughters’ life. My biggest hope was that she would stay with you forever and would one day marry and raise a family together. But because I’m her mother, I had to wait until you broke her heart and gave her back to me. I knew you weren’t good enough for my daughter, the first time I heard your voice on my phone. You see, I’ve been praying over my daughter since I can remember. I’ve been praying for the man who she would first fall in love with and who would fall in love with her. You are not that person. This is not to bash you, but to educate you as to why.
1. Our first conversation- I answered, “Hello.” You said, “Yeah, is Jasmine there?” I hung up on you. The reason, when you call the home of the young lady you are dating, you call with respect. I don’t know who raised you, but we’ll get to that, but when you call my house for the first time, the proper way and my expectation, “Hello ma’am, my name is Lost One. May I please speak with Jasmine?” Two words could of changed my whole first impression of you, ma’am and please.
2. Screw the concept of “keepin’ it real”. You want to be who you want to be, when you feel like bein’ you. That’s not going to happen with my daughter. You see, I saw how she lit up when you called or texted her. I saw the week it took to look absolutely perfect for your first date. You, Lost One, showed up at my home looking as though you rolled out of bed and threw on whatever you found on your floor. Your pants were sagging with your boxers hanging out and I believe one two three…t-shirts maybe? Unacceptable. You looked like a street thug and because of that, there was a guest unknown to you and her in the movie theater.
3. Because of that unknown guest and their report back to me, strike three! My daughter paid for the date. I’ve spoken to her about that issue. But, taking my daughter out on a date requires you paying for the date. First date, you pay. End of story.
4. After talking to my daughter for over a month, she never met your mother. Maybe you don’t have the relationship with your mother like I have with my daughter, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t going to meet you. So maybe you just never told your mother about her, but that’s to suspect that you wouldn’t want my daughter to meet your family after a month.
5. Finally, the one reason I knew you would never last; her sister despised you. I played my role as the parent. I knew she wouldn’t tell me everything. Being a young girl once, I knew I couldn’t tell her not to date you. So I had to use my secret weapon, her sister. If her sister liked you, you were golden. But when I asked her sister what she thought about you, she said she’s not very fond of you, or the girl she saw you kissing at the movies. Never did she think she would be an unknown movie guest twice.
Lost One, her sister is the reason you are not together, not me. I heard you two fighting over “the person” who told her about the girl at the movies. You see, you wanted to be a liar, but her sister was being her sister. There was a bond formed between them years ago when we went through it and I’m happy to say, you didn’t come between that. Good – Bye Lost One
26 thoughts on “To My Daughters’ Ex-Boyfriend”
I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having
a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You can do this completely free. Go to the main WordPress page and it will walk you through the steps. They also walk you through on YouTube. I’m not computer savvy at all and it took about 10 minutes and I was posting.
Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is magnificent, as well as the
Thank you very much. I’ve been blogging for about eight years and writing for about 15 now.
Ahaa, its fastidious dialogue concerning this post
here at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.
You have made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for more information about the issue and found
most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.
Thank you so much. I feel we live in the day and age of the internet, which has some how replaced the physical requirement of meeting someone. I’m not going to meet my daughters’s friends over FB or Skype. They are going to come to my house and I shake my hand. I need to look them in the eyes, before my daughters’ go out with them. There is alot said in that silent communication.
I love what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever
work and exposure! Keep up the good works guys I’ve included you guys to my own blogroll.
These are really wonderful ideas in concerning blogging. You have touched some fastidious factors here.
Any way keep up wrinting.
Thank you. I try to keep it interesting.
WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for can t commit relationship
Thank you I’m glad you enjoyed.
Thank you. I hope you return.
I really love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you develop this amazing site yourself?
Please reply back as I’m looking to create my own personal blog and would love to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Kudos!
I’m happy you’re enjoying the blog. I did do the site with alot of help from YouTube.
Hey there this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You really don’t need experience in coding. I really looked most of it up on YouTube.
Appreciating the persistence you put into your website and
in depth information you present. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the
same out of date rehashed material. Great read!
I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your
RSS feeds to my Google account.
Thank you so much. I’m happy you are enjoying my blog.
Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you
You have to have the widget to publicize your information on Yahoo. Then you just have to approve your Yahoo account by logging in and it will share on there.
I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website. I really hope to view the same high-grade content by you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal blog now 😉
Thank you very much. I look forward to reading your blog. What will it be about?
Hi to every one, it’s truly a nice for me to pay a quick visit this web site, it includes important Information.