The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post:http://igamemom.com/ Thank you so much for this nomination. I try my best to share with others what I’ve learned about raising kids. And I must admit, I reach out to others in areas that I lack. I’m not a real up on all the apps out there, so I must say http://igamemom.com has been a wonderful addition to my village.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
- I’m a mother of two wonderful daughters: 5 and 10 years-old.
- I’ve been separated from their father for two years and finally gotten over the woe-is-me, I’m a single mother…blah,blah,blah BS.
- I’m a mother raising my kids within a Village of people that contribute to my children’s upbringing as much as I do.
- I’m passionate about my writing and I’ve completed my first book, Going Through It.
- I try my best to raise my kids with a bit of generational upbringing with a bit of my own twists that deal with circumstances my parents never had to handle.
- I’m not your traditional church-going Christian, but I am deeply grounded in my spiritual belief when it comes to God and the Bible.
- I began this blog for all parents out there who are learning as they go, as I am. I don’t carry a “Dr.” title, nor view myself as an expert. It’s just my view on how I raise my kids and what works and doesn’t.
3. Pass this award along to 15 other bloggers. These are the blogs I’ve come to read, enjoy and follow with some regularity.
- http://whoorwhatwasthat.wordpress.com/- this blog so works for me because as a parent and a someone who is dealing with an ex, I’m actually the wiser from reading.
- http://papasense.wordpress.com/ – I love seeing how fathers interpret parenting. I only know parenting as a mother. I’m not expert, but I believe kids relate to mother and fathers differently. This gives a wonderful view of an involved caring father.
- http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/ – I enjoy reading this blog because it allows me to know, I’m not the only person who has issues in my life.
- http://themilktree.wordpress.com/: The one thing I enjoy about this blog. I don’t know much about some of the posts I’ve read, which means I’ve learned a lot. I enjoyed learning about GOLD.
- http://shianwrites.wordpress.com/: This is a fun light blog. I enjoyed being forced to do an inventory of my purse. I felt compelled to lighten my load.
- http://newenglandfather.wordpress.com/: Very enjoyable. I’m always interested in how parents raise twins when their is an older sibling.
- http://igamemom.com/: I’m big on education for my daughters, but not exactly knowledgeable of all the educational apps out there. I really enjoy this blog!!
- http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/: An absolute adrenaline rush…at least for us introverts.
- http://victoriablt.wordpress.com/: A wonderful story/adventure to follow.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
5 thoughts on “A Versatile Mommy Blog”
So, I’m reading your post today, because I read your new posts every time my email lets me know you’ve written a new one. And, as is my habit, I start down the list of your recommended sites because I’ve found some of my favorite places to go on the internet because of the recommendation of someone else I like. So you can imagine my surprise..and some other emotions I haven’t come to grips with yet..to find my site on your list!!
I’m speechless. And I think a little weepy…Thank you for that high, high compliment…You’ll never know how much that made my day!
Believe me the title of your blog “Everyone Has A Story,” sums it up! In life when you are going through it like I am, you often feel isolated. Your blog gives me a piece of mind, knowing that I’m not the only one out here with a struggle/story. Thank you for your blog.
You turned my kind of sad day today right around. I like to read your thoughts on parenting because they resemble my own parenting style, and I truly love being a mom. Thank you again for the up-lift! Keeping ’em coming!
I’m so happy I turned your day around.
Not as happy as I was!!! Have a good day today!